1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1930s pics for my book

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Circa Vintage Clothing, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hi all,

We're busy taking pics for my book on vintage clothing, and I can't resist showing you some of the 1930s items featured - although I should warn you, these pics are mere happy snaps, a taster for the "proper" photos that will be appearing in print.

You can see the whole lot over at Circa.

French couture (label missing) and silk halterneck.
    [​IMG]

Silk nightgown.
    [​IMG]

Stripey honeymoon frock! In the background: floral tea gown.
    [​IMG]

Silk tea gown - and in the background, silk velvet evening gown.
    [​IMG]

All these items are from my private collection.

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. I am simply smitten lately with 30s style - the graceful and sexy drape ~ these are sending me over the edge~~~~~

4. avamac

avamac Alumni

That Harlow white.........!!!!

5. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Love that striped number! Looks like something the sassy Mrs. Nick Charles would wear in a Thin Man film.......Ang

6. Thanks, ladies, glad you like them!

Ang: I adore the stripey number. The woman who sold it to me told me that her her mother made it for her honeymoon at a nearby seaside town - she was a professional dressmaker for a local ritzy department store. There's a blue and white stripe one too, but she must have liked that better because the condition isn't anywhere near as good.

I just want to smile every time I see that red one though! I can just imagine a young, new bride wading through the surf in that, carrying her shoes and a big straw hat on her wavy hair :)

7. DressUP

DressUP Registered Guest

Oh my goodness. So gorgeous!! :wub: That nightgown in beautiful. So how's the book coming????

-Sam

8. Well everything is going well, and on schedule - apart from the actual writing. I'm hoping to take the next month off from the shop and everything so that I can just knuckle down and finish it. It would seem that I'm easily distracted!

thank you for asking :)

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

10. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Nicole,
    I gasped when I saw the red stripey one too! They are all lovely. Congrats on such a beautiful collection and best wishes on your book!