1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"1940's" Blue Dress Dating?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Laila Amer, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Laila Amer

Laila Amer Registered Guest

Hello! I just found this wonderful site today and after getting overwhelmed with all this information, I thought I would ask about this dress I recently bought and was still confused about. The seller labeled it as "1940's styling", and I wanted to know the era. I tried to search up the company from the label, but couldn't find anything!

Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  2. Laila Amer

Hi! Thank you :) I actually noticed I posted the wrong link, which I just fixed! And I'll definitely be looking through that page!

3. Thanks Laila, if you can please post photos here it's better than using an external link. Some of us won't click on external links. I don't usually but trusted this one and now I see that it has an elasticated waistband? So that confirms my late '70s-early '80s date. Does it have any shoulder pads?

I call these styles "secretary dresses" because they were good office wear.

4. Laila Amer

I fixed the problem I had! Thank you for that link! Yes, it has an elasticized waist and shoulder pads, the tag and waist made me suspect it's from the 70's-80's as well, nice to know I'm getting a teeny bit better at dating stuff :hysterical:

It does seem like something good for the office, actually