1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1960s breton striped tunic top- can anyone identify the date with more accuracy?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Anna Evans, May 24, 2019.

1. Anna Evans

Anna Evans Registered Guest

Hi,
    I had always assumed this garment to be 60s, however my mother (who grew up in the 50s/60s) minidress 3.jpeg minidress2.jpeg mindress4.jpeg thumbnail_0E739977-75D4-43FE-B429-7329C239F2A5.jpg thumbnail_EBB06060-D1AB-4956-AE92-2DF027AA3871.jpg

thinks it may be late 50s. The fabric is a stretch synthetic knit. The garment is entirely machine made and has no labels (or signs of having had a label cut out.)

The garment (I say garment as I honestly don't know whether this is an extremely micro mini dress or a long tunic top) ends at the hip.

Any tips would be gratefully received, particularly if anyone can put it in context for me. Apologies for less than wonderful photographs. A good camera is on my list. Thanks in advance, Anna

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Cute mid to late 60s mini dress. Look forward to what others think.

Anna Evans likes this.
  4. Anna Evans

Thanks Mary Jane! I just wanted to be sure.

5. Anna Evans

That's great! Thanks Deborah.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

7. Anna Evans

That's brilliant, thankyou Cinthia!

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Those T-shirt dresses were REALLY popular in 1968 - it's hard to avoid them in the 1968 fashion mags.

GemGem likes this.
  9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

You're welcome!