1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1960s (?) short brown dress made of linen

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by 196t's, Oct 22, 2018.

1. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

Good morning/afternoon/night,

I said before on other threads that I'd bought two dresses and a blouse, one of which I had identified as 1960s. I'm (almost) sure it's from the late 60s, but some feedback would be nice.
    It seems to be handmade out of thin linen.

Thanks for your time and willingness.

IMG_4022.jpg IMG_4023.jpg IMG_4025.jpg

2. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

It's a bit confuse to me since I'm in a country other than the USA... The hem is above the knee, which suggests it (probably) belonged to a younger woman.
    Since Brazil is a country of hot temperatures, 1980s fashion consisted of above-the-waist shorts and knitted t-shirts, along with colorful blouses such as the one I've posted here before.
    My guess is 1960s because of the "scooter" styling, something that Nancy Sinatra would wear. It is the same length as the one she wore in "These Boots Are Made For Walking"... Haha!

3. The 80s and 90s had both short above the knee and longer length.
    Here is a similar image from the late 80s.

[​IMG]

Do a google search for 1980 tailored shift dress. This was a work office style

196t's likes this.
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Agreed: 1980s. These dresses were office wear, worn by secretaries.

196t's likes this.