1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 - 2009 - You call that vintage?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Jan 5, 2019.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Not I. But then again, I am of a certain age that didn't wear what was in style at the time, so I have no nostalgia or even a sense of what was "in" those years.

I just reread VFG member Jonathan Walford's wonderful blog about this timeframe which he originally published in 2009. (HERE)

I had quite a few guffaws reading it.

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Same reaction here the other day when I re-read it! Incidentally, "The Devil wears Prada" was on on TV and I let it run whilst I was doing stuff online. And I cringed... and cringed! Not at the fashion so much but at the film's "message", which I find mostly horrible, though in a way it doesn't even know what it actually wants! I liked it when it came out, now it just made me cringe.

Jonathan likes this.
  3. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I appreciated Jonathan's lucid recap of the decade. I guess I wasn't far off when I felt like I was in some bizarre fashion fantasy during that time.
    Marian

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019