1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30s? glass and brass long earrings

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jonathan, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I never paid much attention to this pair, I thought they were cheap, but looking closely I can see the beads are glass, and I wonder if these aren't old - 1930s? 2 1/2 inches long, and the brass has some verdigris oxidation:
    20200424_155343.jpeg

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Are the screw backs silver toned? And are the earrings from the same estate as the square lucite pair?

My first impression is that the screw backs are replacements or that these are an upcycled pair, similar to what I used to buy in the 90s. Hopefully, you'll get more opinions shortly.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I don't remember where I got these but it was probably in a garage sale in the 90s. They were not the same source as the lucite pair. I never noticed it before but the screwbacks don't match, one is more gold than the other.

4. KATHRYN M BOONE

KATHRYN M BOONE Registered Guest

They may have had clips which were were changed to screw ons. Looks like Murano glass to me.

Jonathan likes this.