1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40s? Nettie Rosenstein Swimsuit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by ourbabyroo, Apr 5, 2004.

1. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

I am thinking 40's with this.

I am familiar with Nettie Rosenstein's name on vintage jewelry - and I found some purses when searching - but no clothing or swimwear. Anyone know anything about the label?

Also the belt loops are there...but no belt...still worth it?

Oh...and I <i>never</i> sell swimsuits....do people search under "swimsuit" - "bathing suit" - "romper" ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help greatly appreciated! :)
    Christine

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

First, Great find!!! And please post the label on the label resource board. I can't believe we don't already have this one, so this is a very nice find for the Guild!

I looked her up in <i>New York Fashion</i> by Caroline Rennolds Milbank, and she had a lot to say about Nettie. But what is of most interest to you is that her sportswear line, which this would be, dated from 1957 - 1961.

I've seen these under swim suit, swimsuit, bathing suit, play suit... So it's kind of hard to say which is best. Maybe some one that does Sellathon can do a check to see which term is most searched.

I just love the suit, btw!

Lizzie

3. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

Thanks, Lizzie!

I will definitely add the label :)

4. It is adorable. ...and I'm not of much help. I just tend to find searching compound words, like "swimsuit," most often separately, ala "swim" "suit" (or playsuit v. play suit). How lucky to have the N. Rosenstein name on yours!

Steph

5. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

That is so cute!

Can you get a side shot of the top up close? I love those tops!

6. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

I am inclined to belive from the style of the label and the serged stitching I can see above it that this is from the early 60's, a sun suit or play suit...very nice.