1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'60s Givenchy Coat with Handwritten Serial Number - REAL OR FAKE?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by vintage_store, Jan 23, 2019.

1. vintage_store

vintage_store Registered Guest

Hi all,

I've taken a look at the label resource already and seen that there is a picture of a similar tag with a note that says "Look carefully for handwritten numbers". I just want to clarify whether handwritten numbers would indicate the coat is real or a knock-off. I found a picture of the coat from US Vogue in September 1969 and it looks identical, but a customer just asked about the serial number so I want to be absolutely positive!

Pictures attached. Thanks!

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

We can't authenticate, but the number under the label is usually where the serial number is placed unless it is sometimes printed directly on the label.

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Givenchy is still in business. You can write the Attache' de presse at their Paris headquarters.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  4. modamuzesi

modamuzesi Registered Guest

I asked about the serial numbers on eBay. Such a great piece! Serial number is the consistent with the year.

vintage_store likes this.