1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70s/80s Levi's men's plaid shirts sizing question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by gbkd80, Feb 1, 2017.

1. gbkd80

gbkd80 Registered Guest

Recently I've been a bit addicted to buying vintage Levi's plaid shirts, but I'm having a problem trying to figure out which ones fit better than others. I'm not skinny by any means, But I'm a small guy so I've been lucky with the first few shirts I got that they fit ok in the XL... the western style fitting the best, nice and loose. But, lately I've been buying them with 24" or even 25" across the chest (which I know fit me without being snug and weird looking) and they're coming in all tight in the midsection. I've been sticking with the shirts that use the white or blue tag that says "Levi Strauss & Co since 1850" because I knew they fit but now it's not necessarily the case. I tried a "Movin' On" shirt that was too tight, a big E plaid that had the standard white tag I'm familiar with but it was too tight, and a 1980 olympics XL that fit no better than the previous 2.

So.. if there are any Levi's shirt experts, does anyone know which TAG version of the plaid or western shirts fit truer to modern size? Note I've still yet to try a blue tag with the slanted "Levi's regular fit" logo. It's a long shot, but worth seeing if someone knows anything.. thanks in advance

Mike