1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70's Miss Dior dress and label info

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by Coutureallure, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

70\'s Miss Dior dress and label info

I thought you all might be interested in this label I just finished researching. I had never seen it before. I got this vintage early 70's dress recently and will be posting it shortly to my website:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Miss Dior line was launched in September 1967 and was a less expensive ready-to-wear line made to appeal to a younger customer. The Miss Dior store was located on Rue Francois Premier, next door to the Dior couture house. For the first three years, The Miss Dior line was sold in stores throughout France, but was not exported so as not to compete with the Dior-New York label. It became available in the US in December 1970, and was an immediate success. The line was designed by Phillipe Guiborgé, who also designed the Dior Boutique line and was assistant to Marc Bohan in the couture house. Miss Dior clothing was made in the Dior workrooms. Guiborgé is best remembered for designing a Dior Boutique dress in 1964 with the Dior logo printed all over it, and he was the first French designer to use vinyl for sportswear.

2. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Absolutely Stunning!

3. :adore::adore::adore:

4. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member