1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70's paddock boots need help identifying

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by helzie, Mar 22, 2013.

1. helzie

helzie Registered Guest

I picked up these pair of boots and can't seem to make out what the label says.

I have an "XX" at the top and Made in the USA and 7.5M but can't figure out what it says in the middle.

Please help!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Sometimes if a label is difficult to read I'll take a close-up of the label and work with the image in my editing program to sharpen and bring out details.
    It's difficult to read your image posted. I noticed your image size is approx 300 x 200 px. Maybe posting a a close-up of the label and a larger image 500 px would help.

3. helzie

helzie Registered Guest

Thank you! I have attached an updated close up. I attempted to use my software and have gotten no where! Any help would be appreciated.

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Is there a reason you believe they are 1970's?

I pasted the logo image into paint and inverted the colours which sometimes gives a better contrast, I'm reading Frances Boyd. There are records of several Frances Boyd bootmakers/shoemakers but I haven't found one producing in the US yet.
    boot logo.JPG

5. helzie

helzie Registered Guest

Thank you so much! The info you have supplied is very useful.