1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Different Gloverall - No Toggles

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bartondoll, Nov 12, 2005.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I listed this Gloverall last night and it is the first time I have come across a non duffle style.

I dated this as 60s, however would appreciate info from those more in the know on this.

Here is the coat:

[​IMG]

And here is the listing

And is "stadium" the proper terminology for this style?

Sue

2. Gosh, I have no idea but love that blue color and your auction and pics are great!

3. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Grat coat (and just my size--I'll have to keep my eye on it!) But to me, "stadium" indicates a coat of a bit shorter length, like car coat or 3/4 length. This looks too dressy to me to be a stadium coat... FWIW.... I'm not sure, but I think this could date into the 70s, with those big patch pockets.

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Anne, you are right. What would you call this then? (other than "coat") is there a term for this? I keep thinking "chesterfield" but I'm pretty sure that is not correct.

Sue

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

hmmm....i have no clue (doesn't that not surprise you?)

6. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Sue, if I remember correctly, Chesterfield is probably an appropriate term. Though my old brain is having trouble conjuring up an image of one, I think you are right on that!