1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A recycling organization you might want to check out

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Beehive Vintage Goods, Aug 10, 2004.

1. I have recently joined our local chapter. People give away free stuff and other members take it off your hands.

http://www.freecycle.org/

So far we have received a DVD player that just needed a minor adjustment. I have given away a dresser and some clothing.

Bonnie

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I signed up for my local group...its tiny compared to others i bet. haven't offered anything up yet and haven't gotten anything....it was yet another feature in Budget Living as well...

its cool to hear of someone who has used it successfully : )

3. Ours is pretty small too...not a ton of stuff yet. Last night some woman posted two wanted items:

- a good digital camera
    - Fire King lustre ware in peach

Yeah....right....lady!! Greedy gets you nothing in my books!!

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

she might get a digital camera if it needs work or is one of the real old ones. fire king lustre wear? first of all, if someone wants to give it away, they won't know it is called that to be able to tell her that they have it.

I don't exactly live in a booming metropolis so it is bed w/ "gently used" mattresses plus can openers. A lady did ask for a laptop though. I can see how someone would give away a computer a few years old though if their kids moved away or they upgraded and just want it out of the house.

5. Liz mentioned freecycle to me, a while back. I just finally checked it out and am arranging to go pick up some miniblinds, right now! :)

The Dallas freecycle org. has 4,200 members. Whoa. There are a lot more "Wanted" than "Offered" posts and lots of the "Offered" posts mention considering all takers' 'applications' for 24 hours, before deciding who will get the item. There are some great things to be had. My favorite requests there, so far, are for a playhouse for 4 children and for a riding lawnmower.

Steph

6. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I signed up for the Toronto chapter awhile back and forgot all about it.

Have to go check it out again (if I can remember my password)! Story of my life - forgetting passwords, and also forgetting where I write them
    down.

Sue