1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A silly question - what does this label say?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Hattysattic, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

[​IMG]

Craig or craiq? Might sound stupid but thought I ought to check. Also cool blouse (1960s, modified juliet sleeves), anyone come across it before?

2. Hattysattic

Sorry - also when I said modified Juliet sleeves I am sure there must be a term for them. Double Juliet sleeves? No, that's not it. Help!

[​IMG]

3. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

I'm pretty sure it's 'Craig', at least that's how I've always read it.

I'm glad to say that I can tell you what that sleeve style is because I once had an amazing yellow mini dress with them - <B>Marie Sleeves</b>. Although people might identify more with 'Juliet' as a term and apparently they are also known as Gabrielle sleeves. But I think Marie is the most accurate term.

I heart that blouse!!!

Liz

4. Hattysattic

Excellent. Thank you Liz! I thought it was Craig to begin with but just wanted to see if anyone recognised it.

And my sleeve question wrapped up too! You're a star, thank you :) (I remember your yellow mini dress as I lusted after it.. and which is why I knew there was another name!)

5. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

l've always thought it craig...but great question actually, and what a lovely blouse!!!

6. Looks like Craig to me as well.... :)

7. Hattysattic

Told you all it was a silly question, lol! :D

8. Hattysattic