1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A theoretical fashion dilemma

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by pauline, Aug 21, 2017.

1. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Hi ever one, I asked the same question to two people I know very well within the vintage community.

You at your best friends house telling her that your going to an event and have a fabulous dress there normal vintage fur jacket which they would normally have worn is been repaired and not available in time for this event.
    She pops up stairs and returns with one of hers, which is just perfect for you in every respect fit style wise etc.
    Asking if it a vintage or pre owned your friend says " No! I bought it new only a few months ago when I was in Europe"

My question is :- Would you polity decline your freinds kind offer as it could be considered to be new fur or would you thank her and borrow it for just for the event?.

My two friend thought for a moment and they both said they would borrow it just for the evening.
    I feel privileged to have a honest and frank answer from my fiends,
    + there is no right or wrong answer to this just a persons opinion which should always be respected.
    if you do not want to write a public reply please PM me.

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Dear Pauline,

Hello! :hiya: So nice to hear from you after such a long time. I hope you are doing well and enjoying your experiences in life. Your new avatar photo is lovely. A bit sophisticated, very nice. LOVE the shoes!

As far as your question, I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Just wanted to pop in and say HI.

3. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Pauline you have asked similar questions about fur in the past on these forums.
    If you search "fur" posted by member "pauline" a lot of posts come up where you might answer your own question.

4. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Hi Barbara, As you noticed I am still in to fashions as much as I always have been it, just I do not have as much time to post as I once used to do because I look after my father full time.
    I call my present personal style modern classic, I fully intend one day to move toward wearing what I call a pure vintage style i need more experience with vintage hair and makeup styles before I roll out those looks.

My question is a little complicated Because many of my friends online do wear vintage fur.
    Only when you get to know them well and they trust you that they will open up and say they had or might wear new fur.
    The anti fur activist have a much lower profile here in the UK than once did saying that are still active, so whist my friends are not lying more about been very careful who they trust with that.
    Of course some ladies will only wear true vintage fur because of there conviction with is perfectly acceptable to me .
    I just trying to gather some fact before I write anything for the Internet.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. Vintage.California.Rose

Vintage.California.Rose Registered Guest

I personally have no issue with fur. Wear what you like. Now, new fur is often more expensive, and I often cannot find room in the budget for it, but I have no moral qualms about it -- then again, in the US, most people who eat meat don't seem to have a problem with fur, really. I've certainly never been harassed for wearing it, even in California.

pauline likes this.
  6. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

There are plenty of beautiful and warm alternatives to fur.
    I prefer those than to wear something that was farmed, tortured and anally electrocuted but that's just me ~

Joyatri and Metro Retro Vintage like this.
  7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

It's great to see you Pauline! :hiya:

If you object to fur, particular 'new' fur, as many of us do, then follow your heart. Your friends were honest about their feelings and that's a good thing.

pauline likes this.