1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Achille Dattilo Brocade Suit?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by foofoogal, Oct 16, 2018.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I need some help with this suit. I found a bit of info about the company.
    1970s and silk brocade. Seems to be a small high end family business. Custom tailoring.
    Gorgeous fabric.

Attached Files:

2. Lovely suit. Are there shoulder pads? Suit looks 80s to me. Look forward to other opinions.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I found a lovely archived article from 1979 about his current Factory, judging by the business expanding in the article it is likely he was still in business into the 80's,

link to article

https://www.nytimes.com/1979/11/26/...oast-a-family-atmosphere-a-nonunion-shop.html

I can see 80's, it reminds me of a woman business suit during the early thatcher years, the kind of suit I can picture a woman wearing in an A-ha video. If the shoulder pads are foam (as i recently found out here on vfg!) then it will likely be 80's or later.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. foofoogal

Thank you. Yes, I had found that article and several designer patterns also.

The jacket does not have shoulder pads but is padded on the shoulders. Built into the suit and under lining so cannot tell.

Very well made.

GemGem likes this.
  5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

If they are spongy when you press them they are likely foam. Another way to check is to find a part of the lining which is hand stitched for the closure and unpick it a little to check.

foofoogal likes this.
  6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Definitely 80s. I remember that in the stores then.

foofoogal likes this.
  7. foofoogal

You remember this suit or this brand?