1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of this dress?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joji Furukawa, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

I just found this dress at a vintage shop and I’m thinking it’s from the early 1960s but I’m not 100% sure. It’s homemade quite nicely with a nylon coil zipper. Although I know nylon zips usually point to a later date, I’ve read that they were first widely used in the 60s and from what I could research, the “surfbord” shape of this one is on the earlier side. The fabric is some sort of textured weave like a fine waffle. Also, I feel like this style of border print would have fallen out of fashion by the late 60s. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

cmpollack and Midge like this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Joji, it's nice to see you again!

sure looks 60s to me! and i think the fabric looks like a type of pique. it's a great dress, you should do very well with it!

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I agree with 60s. Fabulous style and print! I know the dresses similar with red roses were selling very well and were super desirable last year. I think the blue is even prettier. Nice find.

4. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

It’s nice to have something to share! I haven’t been going thrifting as much with all the lockdowns and such but I managed to snag this and am glad I did. It reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw’s rose dress she’s seen wearing, although hers is red. Thank you both for the help!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Exactly!

Joji Furukawa likes this.
  6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member