1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alice Kriemler-Schoch and Akris, a great new article by Karin/Midge

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by denisebrain, May 6, 2021.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

2. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Amazing, Karin! beatingHeart

Midge likes this.
  3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

So interesting Karin!

Midge likes this.
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

And by pure coincidence... I just found this whilst going over some patterns that I recently bought... not only is it the magazine page to go with the pattern, but it says the dress in the photo is by Akris!
    akris.jpg
    Seems like they had a cooperation going... Meyers Modeblatt was a Swiss women's magazine that also offered sewing patterns - it went from being a sort of all-around magazine for housewives that was published weekly to being more focused on sewing/crafts and being published monthly.

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

That was an excellent article, Karin -- I really enjoyed reading it and learning all about Alice Kriemier-Schoch, Akris, and her legacy.

Love that coat pic too and the newer uniform designs. It's too bad that aprons have fallen out of use over the decades.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Midge likes this.
  6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Excellent. Thank you Karin.

Midge likes this.
  7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Thank you, Karin. I acquired some Akris items from a wealthy estate a few months ago. I will definitely go back to your blog when we get around to listing these.

Midge likes this.
  8. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Thank you, thank you, Karin! It's a wonderful story, and I now admire the woman, as well as her clothes (and aprons!).

Midge likes this.
  9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

10. Flannery Crane

Flannery Crane VFG Member

Thank you!!

Midge likes this.