1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allotment Wives 1940s film noir film. Fabulous fashions from 1945

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by anothertimevintageapparel, May 10, 2020.

1. Allotment Wives with Kay Francis is a classic film noir crime drama with fantastic costuming and hats.
    Kay Francis the main character is a hard brittle woman and her costuming and Victory Roll hair style reflect this perfectly.

If you are a fan of 1940s fashion, this film is worth watching

allotment wives 4.jpg allotment wives 1.jpg allotment wives 2.jpg allotment wives 3.jpg

Enjoy

2. I am both a fan of Kay Francis and 40s clothing and accessories and this is a wonderful film.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Will have to find that one, I don't believe I have seen it. Did watch Mildred Pierce again this morning for probably the 15th time.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I watched "Mildred Pierce" again last night too. Most of it anyway and also for the upteenth time! I love Eve Arden and Jack Carson in that movie too.

I saw "Allotment Wives" about 5 years ago and it does have great hats and costumes! While I do not consider that movie to be Film Noir, it is more of a WWII themed crime drama, I will not argue the fact that it is great to watch just for the costuming. Besides, the argument over what is and what isn't "Film Noir" will rage forever!

5. It was on my Film Noir channel on roku. In the crime drama category.
    I don't know the hat designer or her costumer.