1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am on right on the date, 1940's Shoes?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by b*a*vintagequeen, Oct 31, 2004.

1. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Am on right on the date, 1940\'s Shoes?

The only reason I ask is because these shoes have "shoe clips" on the front and I am not sure just when they started to wear "shoe clips".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course they are "new old stock" like the other 200 pair I have left!:P

[​IMG]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

YOu could have posted this to my shoe workshop! lol

These are baby doll pumps and due to the slenderness of the heel, which is not quite a stiletto yet, These are probably mid 1950s, c. 1953 - 1956. Round toes are supposed to be hot this fall, but I haven't seen a lot of them in the stores. You should do really well with them!

3. b*a*vintagequeen

I was goine while you shoe workshop was going on that is why I had to post my shoe questions on single threads...Sunday's are for football and beer!

Unfortunately these are a small size , 5 1/2 so I am not sure just how well they will do!

Thanks!

4. b*a*vintagequeen

Oh I just checked out the workshop and saw that it is a week long one...that is what I get for not paying attention!

Oh well I am sure I will have more questions later as I am going through my stock again seeing what I have!