1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Announcement!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by nsweezie, Oct 8, 2004.

1. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Hello all!
    Just wanted to do a quick update. Hubby and I have moved to England! We had both decided a few months ago to make the move, as I have British citizenship and lots of family in England. We are now living near Bristol (Weston-super-Mare to be precise!), and I am loving it! I’ve managed
    to land a job, and all our stuff arrived in one piece from the movers, so life is good. It’s great to be near my grandmother, who is 88, as well as all my cousins.
    I haven’t had much of a chance to look around for vintage, but I’d love to know if there are any shops within about an hour from here.
    Louise

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Oh thats great to have moved to a place where you have family nearby!

Good luck in your new area and job!

3. So that's where you have been! I bet that kept you busy. Don't you just hate moving? However, I know you are happy to be around family. I bet someone will come along soon who can tell you about those vintage shops!!

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi Louise!

Wow! Good for you! How nice to be near family now. Hope you get settled in and adjusted quickly!

Sue

5. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Wow, a whole new lifestyle change. Best wishes for a wonderful life (I sound like a Jimmy Stewart movie).

Brenda
    English/Scots/Irish/Dutch Girl (mostly English)

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Louise,

Wow, you are full of great news and surprises...fmarriage,...now england!

Check into the thread Lei (crinolinegirl) posted about her museum exhibit in good old england that is running : )

Chris

7. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

Welcome to England!

I don't know about Bristol, but I'd highly recommend going shopping in Brighton, there's tonnes of groovy vintage shops there... London can be good to, but the shops there come and go. :-(

And if you're ever "up North" you need to go to Saltaire, Leeds and Liverpool... and possibly Todmorden!

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

8. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Another UK'er among us now! Congrats to you on your marriage and your new home. :)