1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And finally, two berkertex dresses for your delectation

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Impey, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

I know it’s not the trendiest of labels, but I really like Berkertex!

I’ve two dresses, very different in style but with virtually identical labels.

One I’m pretty much convinced is 60s based on the collar, lack of composition and no modern washing instructions. However always happy to be corrected!

The other I have no real clue. It’s a super lovely timeless style - with a translucent ‘chiffonesque’ layer over the skirt and Angel sleeves. The label looks very similar to the other dress, but without the nice sizing underneath. However hidden behind t he main label was a weird almost paper like label informing me it’s 100% polyester, with the sizing and hips/bust size. So I’m guessing at 70s ...

Would really love people’s thoughts!

Impey

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I see early 70s on the first one and later 70s on the second.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

Me too!

How do you guys know this stuff?!!!

thanks so much for your input!

Distantdetails likes this.
  5. Midge

I would say we have all learned through years of handling and looking at vintage fashion :). When I look back on my earliest vintage purchases and how I saw and dated them, I know that I now know a lot more and that my dating was off. You live and you learn...

6. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

Dammit, knew you would say that! I was hoping there was some matrix-like download ‘I know vintage’!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hang around these forums for awhile and it will feel like you've had a download! I learnt sooo much here, and it continues

GemGem, Impey and Midge like this.
  8. Midge

9. Impey

Impey Registered Guest

Thanks everyone!