1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And finished this too!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Midge, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

And got this done too... I'd actually started this before the dress, but got sidetracked when I found that dress pattern. So I finally did the last few hand finshes.
    Front fabric is a remnant of vintage fabric, back is modern cotton from my stash (nothing like a good stash to help in cases like this!), buttons are 1940s, pattern is 1950s of course. Another keeper, it fits just beautifully!
    IMG_20190318_232230[1].jpg

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Beautiful! What a great way to use a small piece of vintage fabric, as only the front of a blouse or jacket.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

That is charming! Nice job.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks! I have to say working with vintage fabrics and smaller remnants that my mom gave me has taught me a lot - as in being inventive when it comes to fabric cutting and making it work.. Not a bad way to get creative, but then my mom had already taught me to cut fabric with an eye to saving what's left over, and when I was a kid I got her leftovers to make Barbie clothes out of them. I love watching The Great British Sewing Bee on TV, but when I see how genereously some of them cut their fabrics, it gives me the heebie-jeebies. Well, thankfully they also did Recycling Week and had them use all the remnants left over so far in the series...

denisebrain likes this.