1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

and this leopard dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by maltby, Jul 4, 2018.

1. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

this is so weird bc it has to be fake fur but looks and feels so much like pony hair? like you's see on a shoe sort of? maybe the faux fur in the 60s/70s (?) was just way better looking?

Attached Files:

2. Zorica Zrnic

Zorica Zrnic Registered Guest

It has web back so it is fake. No hide not real. Though, apparently the Chinese are producing web backed real fur sewn in with synthetic to make the fur go further and offer it cheaper but I haven't yet seen it.

maltby likes this.
  3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

Are you able to tell yourself whether the underside feels like fabric or skin which would be a bit thicker than fabric and feel like leather?

4. Its a faux fur lounger or house coat from the 60s. Not real fur. I have had a few of these.
    I also looks like the coats and capes of the era

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Pony hair tends to feel quite coarse and lays very flat. This looks like a faux acrylic pile type of fabric to me as well. Cute hostess lounger!