1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andrea Polizzi for Rex Lester

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by nostalgic*collections, Feb 20, 2015.

1. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Anyone familiar with this label? Thanks in advance!

XoXo,

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
  2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Here are a few small references to the names on your label...

: "...social occasion dresses from Andrea Polizzi for Rex Lester and Peak Evenings" and "Designer Andrea Polizzi of special occasion line Rex Lester, based in New York..."

1999: "...slinky after-five dresses from Andrea Polizzi for Rex Lester..." and "Winners of the 24th annual Dallas Fashion Awards were announced Oct. 16 at the International Apparel Mart's black-tie gala...Here, a silver, lilac and cream acetate, rayon and silk shell over a silver acetate satin A-line skirt from Andrea Polizzi for Rex Lester at Ritz Group, winner in the after-five category."

2000: "Separates have been the saving grace for the past few years," said Les Appel, president, Rex Lester, a Los Angeles social occasion manufacturer." and ""Separates offer more personalized looks," said Andrea Polizzi, designer. "We're mixing more fabrics, such as specialty knits with taffeta for unexpected combinations." (Note the 1998 reference to Rex Lester in NY and now in Los Angeles)

2001: "Les Appel, founder and principal of the Rex Lester eveningwear label..." and "Andrea Polizzi, designer for Rex Lester, also said separates that give consumers options will remain strong."

3. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Thank you so much! I didn't know anyone responded until I Googled it so I apologize for the extremely long delay! XoXo