1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anne Dettmer’s (VFG President 2004-2006) Vintage Collection (Part 1) to be Auctioned Oct 14th

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by artisannes, Sep 29, 2013.

1. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

Dear Vintage Fashionistas,

Some of you may know me as a past President of the VFG and the one who was at the helm of the VFG's public launch some years ago.

I have collected for many years and have now decided to liquidate my collection and am doing so via Kerry Taylor Auctions.

We are doing it in two parts (I collected quite a bit and have always been a Ceil Chapman fan so amassed some exquisite examples !!!) and the first part is up for bid in Lots 243-365.

I bought a good proportion of my collection from fellow VFG members, the condition is fabulous and I made it a habit to dry clean everything I bought and to keep it on satin hangers – yes I was a great admirer of Joan Crawford’s ‘No metal hangers – ever’ approach to parenting.

It will be hard to see it go but if it goes to true lovers of vintage as I am, then I will be content.

The date is Monday 14th October and details (viewing times – the catalogue - pictures and so on) are on the site -http://www.kerrytaylorauctions.com/sales/

If you are not a London dweller or visitor, bids can also be placed on line through
    http://www.invaluable.com/
    and items are mailed worldwide.

Remember my items starts at Lot 243 and concludes in Lot 365 for this auction. The second part will be available around the early spring of 2014.

gaildavid and morning-glorious like this.
  2. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Anne~ I looked at every one of your pieces listed and I must say, it is an impressive and beautiful collection. Wishing you the best of luck in the auction!

3. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

Sorry correction - my lots start at 243 not 253 - Will advise the auction house to amend

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Your Ceil collection is gorgeous alright! Whew!!

5. joules

joules VFG Member

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hi Anne

It's an incredible collection. I am in London and I may try and make one of the views. I doubt I'll be bidding on anything, though am a bit tempted by the boxes of petticoats!

I hope the auction goes really well for you.

Ruth

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I wish I could get there to see these "live" too! Such an amazing collection, Anne!

8. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

I saw your lots the other day (or rather viewed online) and they are all stunning. I am hoping for a lottery win this weekend so I can buy them all!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  9. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Wow what a gorgeous (and seemingly endless) run of Ceils! The whole collection is incredible (I'm partial to the Shaheens...:))

Best of luck with the auction, Anne!

10. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

I just looked at the auction listings- Swoon!

11. Unbelievable collection!

12. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Anne,

Your collection is astounding and must have given you great joy over the years. I certainly understand how hard it is to let this all go, as well as your reasons for doing so. Many of us wonder what will happen to all of our prize possessions after we are gone, so you have that comfort of knowing they will be loved and in good hands. But it also seems as if it can be quite nerve wracking to watch the prices wavering, and to see the actual garments leaving the building in another person's caresses. You are so brave, I don't know if I could bear to do what you are doing!

I wish you great success. And loads of $$$$!

13. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

As a vintage lover thank you for acquiring these beautiful treasures and preserving them.
    May someone special buy each one to pass on for History sake.
    Sandy