1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anne Klein Boucle Jacket...80s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bartondoll, Aug 11, 2004.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Gold and black boucle weave, large gold dome buttons,
    semi fitted jacket.

Coloured Lion's Head label....early 80s?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sue

2. katzoid

katzoid VFG Member

Hi Sue,

I can't help with the label but to me the jacket looks mid to late 80s, maybe even early 90s. It doesn't look over the top enough to me for early 80s IMHO

Kat

3. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Black & Brown boucle tweed should be a winner Sue!
    This would look great with a pencil skirt they are saying is going to be popular this fall.

I really like some of the Anne Klein items I've seen, and they are always nicely made.

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

On the labels resource, it looks like the white lion label is the later 80s/early 90s one. This coloured label was introduced in the 70s, which is why I was thinking early 80s. Hmmm...now I'm confused.

Sue

5. katzoid

katzoid VFG Member

go with your gut instinct Sue, what do I know:)

Kat

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

i had that same silhouette jacket (not AK ) in the early 90s, but it had a shawl collar, the fact that there is no collar makes me think earlier.

7. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

I think (and you probably know) that Anne Klein Suits (as well as Anne Klein Dresses, Anne Klein Knitwear, etc.) were all licensees of the Anne Klein label - so their existences were independent of the Anne Klein 'collection' label.

I worked at Anne Klein II for a minute in the mid-eighties, but I was there long enough to buy a few pieces from the sample room (rooms - Anne Klein, AKII, Donna Karan - all produced by the same company) :) ~ I'm not at home now, but I'm pretty sure THE Anne Klein label of the time was black & white (same design). The colored label was introduced in the 70's (? -I thought it was earlier) but the jacket is clearly 80's - I'm guessing that the licensee was just going their own merry way, or sticking with what they knew to be a desireable logo. In the licensing madness of the time quite a few designers kind of lost control of the brand, as it were - sometimes there wasn't a whole lot of consistency between 'related' lines.

Does that make any sense at all?! I feel like I <i>should</i> know what I'm talking about, but I was 25 and waaay more into the Fashion (and fun) than I was into the Business :)

I say the jacket is nice 80's career-wear - if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me ~

Carolyn

8. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

I have just compared the label to some of the jackets, of my Mom's, from the 80s, and the logo looks the same. Either way, that's a great looking jacket and boucle is going to be THE THING this fall. I think you are safe with late 70's/early 80s on this one.
    Good luck,
    joey