1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another shirt transformation...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Midge, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

So yes, I said I wasn't going to do any more shirt/blouse transformations because it's mostly not less work than just working from a piece of fabric... BUT on digging through my boxes, this men's shirt with super fish print came up again, which was too big on me and for which I hadn't yet found the right thing to make out of it (it was a present... together with a modern Hawaiian shirt that I've already transformed). Enter another super 60s Simplicity Jiffy pattern, 5932, that I'd got in a lot of patterns.
    And that was it! VoilĂ , new top made out of old shirt. I ripped all the shirt's seams open, cut the top's front out of the shirt back, whilst keeping the original bottom seam, and the two back pieces out of the two fronts, and keeping the button band as a back closure. The pattern actually features a short zipper in the back, but I don't have a fitting zipper on hand (and no chance of buying any anywhere at the moment!), so this was the perfect solution in this case. It's a super easy make and I have at least two other fabrics on hand that I want to make this out of!

fish shirt2.jpg fish shirt3.jpg fish shirt1.jpg Simplicity 5932.jpg

2. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is a beautiful print, Karin! I can see why you wanted to fix it to fit you.

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member