1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Victoria's Secret Label Question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jessica Hunter, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Jessica Hunter

Jessica Hunter Registered Guest

Hello! I found some Victoria Secret Label threads but was unable to come to a conclusion. Maybe this forum can help. I sell clothes online and was given this skirt. Here are pictures of the skirt and label. I am new to reselling, I am not much of a thrifter, and I don't know much about vintage clothing. I don't even know what material this skirt is! Maybe polyester? Haha... you can tell I am a newb.

I was wondering if I could get assistance or if anyone knows of any resources that may help me determine if this skirt is authentic and if so when it was made. I thought it was authentic until i saw the labels behind it. Im not used to seeing lot numbers. There are no other labels on the skirt. Did vs even make skirts when they first started?

I tried looking up vintage Victorias secret skirts but didn't find much. Looking up the label brought me here. Sorry if I missed a thread or link that has an answer to this question. I did read through a few. Thank you in advance!

Jessica

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

Nice to see you here on the Forums. My hunch if that your skirt is from the 1980s. VS has been making dresses, outerwear and other clothing (besides the original lingerie and nightgowns) since at least that time, and actually earlier. But your skirt is not from the very early period of VS. That iridescent taffeta was hugely popular in the 1980s for many makers of formal and evening wear as well.

3. Jessica Hunter

Hi! I am so happy for your reply. You make a lot of sense. It is very 1980s. This helps me more than you know. Thank you!

4. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I agree with Barbara that it is 1980s, and I would add probably very late 80s. The label is later than many of the mid-80s' V.S. pieces I have in my personal collection, and when I got married in 1992, that iridescent taffeta was still popular (my bridesmaids' dresses had that as the skirt material).

5. Jessica Hunter

Ahh okay I see. I'm glad it's authentic. But not quite as old as I thought. that's okay. This made me rxcited to go through the rest of rhesr items. I can't wait to see what else I find! Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad you guys are here ☺☺