1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another wedding dress question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by jauntyrooster, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

When I first got this, I was thinking 1970s but now am feeling unsure of myself. The dress has a underskirt and a stiff paper-like lining - I dont know what it is called. There is a very simple train that is trimmed in the same little daisy bric-a-brac (is that right name?) that hooks on back of waist with little metal hook/string eye closures. The ribbon you see at waist then fastens over the hooks/eyes to hide. There is back metal zipper. No labels at all - assuming homemade or custom made. This is really tiny - it won't zip up on manni and ribbon wont snap either. I even first thought 1st communion dress since so small but train made me think wedding.

I love the sleeves. The dry cleaner stuffed with tissue which I haven't removed - might be making it look a little overstuffed but hopefully you can get the idea.

Is 1970s a safe bet?

Thanks all - once again, I appreciate.

Maureen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

The lining looks like pellon. I think with the metal zipper and pellon lining that the dress is earlier than '70's. The style actually looks late '60's to me - kind of the beginning of the flower child era. I agree it's a wedding dress.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Looks circa 1966 to 1967 (give or take a year) to me.

And yes, Pellon is the lining.

Barbara

4. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I agree with both Linn and Barbara--a late 60's wedding dress, and that is Pellon interfacing.

5. Agree with the others! Gosh, we're good :D

Nicole

6. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Soooo good! :)

So very glad I asked and now I know what pellon is too.

Thanks