1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anson Mosaic cat cufflinks and tie clip Style?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mickus, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Mickus

Mickus Registered Guest

Would these be considered art deco or is there some other name to better describe them?
    They appear to be enameled. They remind me of a Egyptian look or something. The box is possibly not the original as it says Royal Coach and whatever was in it sold for 4.00. Box came from the Fair Store in New Albany, IN. It has been gone since the 70's I think. I could not find anything on Royal Coach. They are gold tone. Thanks for any info.

Attached Files:

2. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

They definitely have an art deco style but I think they are much more recent than the deco period, I think they could be 1980s. Can you show a photo of the backs? They are tile mosaic, and cat lovers will dig them! I'd sell without the box if it's not original to the set.

Jen

3. joules

joules VFG Member

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

How cute are those? Possibly mid-century, but yes, let's see the back.

5. Mickus

Mickus Registered Guest

Here are some pictures of the backs. What do you look at on the backs?

Attached Files:

6. Metro Retro Vintage

Thank you for showing the back Mickus (we wanted to see the back of the clip too, lol).

We're looking at the style as well as the plating. However, sometimes plating and color doesn't read correctly on the screen, due to lighting and glare, but I'm thinking in the 60's/70's range, given the style of enamel on the surface as well. They could be later as well as Jennifer has mentioned. That hinging is still used, and so maybe the back of the clip will hold some clues.

Any tiny marks/numbers inside the back of that clip btw?

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

What a wonderful set!

Yes, do look for any marks or numbers, and let us see the back of the tie clip. (Googling turns up a couple more pairs of cuff links like yours, but not the tie clip!)

8. Mickus

Mickus Registered Guest

These aren't the best pictures but here are the backs. Only markings are the word Anson on tie clip and on inside of cufflink back.

Attached Files:

9. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  10. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Great find, Jen! Though I couldn't spot this particular set, it certainly fits in with the ones displayed. And now, Mickus, you have a ballpark idea of what they retailed for too, which is always fun!

morning-glorious likes this.
  11. Metro Retro Vintage

Love those old commercials Jennifer!

And thank you for showing the back of the clip Mickus. Looks like you're in that mid-century ballpark for sure, and nice find!

12. Mickus

Mickus Registered Guest

Thanks so much for the commercial that was great. Thanks for all the info. I will be putting them on ebay soon.

morning-glorious likes this.