1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANTHROPOLOGIE's earliest label. Is this it please?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by 50sVintage, Sep 21, 2020.

1. 50sVintage

50sVintage Registered Guest

Hi Everyone,

Spent time researching google, eBay, etsy and the following link from Anthropologie but none show the label in my early 90s top: https://www.anthropologie.com/help/our-story

90s Anthropologie sleeveless top side slits tapered full bottom (8).JPG
    90s Anthropologie sleeveless top side slits tapered full bottom (1).JPG

Some sellers have their Anthropologie items listed as "80s" but the company didn't come into existence until 1992, according to their own history. (That's irrelevant to my query except that it didn't help my search.) Anthropologie also didn't appear in the Vintage Resource Label guide here, so I'm at a loss.

Can anyone please provide the dates Anthropologie used the label in my blouse.

Thanks in advance.

Mia

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I couldn't find anything about when that label was used. Maybe try asking Anthropologie?

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Looked up the RN #. It belongs to Urban Outfitters. Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 4.21.05 PM.png

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

They are owned by the same people:

“URBN is a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain, Menus & Venues, and Nuuly. ”

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Yup. A look at the address on the registration can often help pinpoint a date. That's why I mentioned it.

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I can't get into the FTC site to get the address as listed in the filing but found this.

Attached Files:

7. 50sVintage

50sVintage Registered Guest

Thank you all, for your help!