1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antique cross stitched blouse?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Emmaybee, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Emmaybee

Emmaybee Registered Guest

Hello everyone,

this is a purchase I've made in a fleamarket in Germany this weekend. This lady was selling a few blouses that seemed like traditional folk cross stitch. Maybe Hungarian, Romanian.. I'm not sure exactly about this specific pattern.

They are in perfect condition except for really light yellowing at the collar. They are GORGEOUS!
    I bought them for the style thinking maybe they were from the 70s.

But after looking for fun on the internet and found an identical blouse, it seems like they are from the 20s-30s, traditional-regional wear. (again from which region, I don't know)

I paid 5$ for both of them.

If you have any information, please let me know! I would love to have some history about these! 22343716_10159664442400268_1881319914_o.jpg 22404209_10159669970750268_57493692_o.jpg

Marie

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I think Romanian - Hungarian embroidery is more floral and usually more polychromatic. Romanian red on white in a geometric floral pattern is typical.

Emmaybee likes this.
  3. Emmaybee

Emmaybee Registered Guest

Thank you Jonathan :) would you be able to tell me if this girl on etsy is right by saying it's from the 20s or 30s?

thanks again

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I don't know them well enough and would have to handle to be sure, but I think they are more likely 70s.