1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antique Hat...Need help with label, date etc...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by rockvintagesoul, Oct 27, 2011.

1. rockvintagesoul

rockvintagesoul Registered Guest

Hi..
    I recently found this hat (unfortunately in a bit of rough shape), and have absolutely no idea about it. All I know is that it looks to be very old. I tried to research the label and I am finding nothing. I do find date info on the Millinary Creators Guild, but it still doesn't help me much in regards to this particular hat. Does anyone out there have any information they can provide me? Any info will be helpful.
    040.JPG 041.JPG 042.JPG 037.JPG 038.JPG 039.JPG

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

From what I can tell in your photos, the hat looks to be circa 1938-1944. I cannot be sure as the photo is dark and I cannot see the hat well, but the trims (plumes and tulle) look to have been added on at a later date for a costume. It looks to be made of a buntal straw.

3. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Yes, I agree the trims were added later, I was not expecting to see such an old label in a hat with all that fluff