1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any information appreciated!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Robynski75, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Robynski75

Robynski75 Registered Guest

My friend posted this find on Facebook. She said it’s a vintage alligator purse. She only posted two photos, one of the purse and one of the logo inside. Can anyone help identify this? Who made it? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hi,

The stamped alligator logo is a standard one used on many products, bags, cowboy/girl boots that type of thing.

The bag looks 70s to me.

4. 1950s and a great style. Many of these were made in Mexico or Cuba.
    I cant make out the writing
    It looks to be in very good condition too.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  5. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Doesn't the writing under the Alligator say Cuba? I think I can make out the last two letters B A.

Still think it 70s tho".

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I see it as older as well, not 70s. Agree with 50s, possibly late 40s.

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

8. Vintagepursegal

Vintagepursegal VFG Member

Unfortunately I'm not a skins expert! The problem with reptile is there are so many similarities between 1940s, '50s and '60s that it's often hard to discern the proper era. The only ones I generally can date are the really old ones, 1920s-1930s, mostly because of the hardware and sometimes because of the way the animal was used.

9. Robynski75

Robynski75 Registered Guest

You’ve all been so helpful and I truly appreciate it. I’ve learned quite a bit in one day just exploring this site! I will surely pass on everyone’s insights to my friend.

denisebrain likes this.