1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody help with these shoes?? K shoes?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Spartcom5, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Spartcom5

Spartcom5 Registered Guest

Hey guys found these today and I'm amazed, so sleek and nice. The previous owner kept the upper leather in very nice condition. Fit nicely, sole needs work and the rubber on the heel is as hard as cement and it nearly crumbling off at this point. I think these are old... any idea what period? I couldn't find much about the brand online, the logo looks old and the leather on the inside is also aged and needs conditioning. What I have never seen before is that the serial number on the inside is hand written in black ink, I've only ever seen stamped numbers. The ink is faded and looks very old as well. The left shoe is creased a lot more than the right. Any idea what style shoe this is? I really think these are nice and for $10 can't go wrong IMO! Oh and also the inside of the toe box area is a very rich feeling suede and that is even in good condition.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

3. Spartcom5

Hey thanks for the link, however, is there any way these could be K shoes as in shoes Kmart used to sell because from the logo I'm getting a strong sense of Kmart with the red K......? I hope not lol

4. Retro Ruth

I have no idea. However K shoes the UK brand often used a red K.

5. Spartcom5

Any idea when they used a red K? Before the 50s? This is the only example of K shoes logo I can find on a shoe... These are like 1990s
    [​IMG]

6. Retro Ruth

7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

My general feeling is 1940s to 1950s but the style is very simplistic. I have seen the inserted fabric labels on 1930's-1950's shoes previously.
    the tan lining material looks like it could be cellulose (paper) based or an early man made composite to me. They do crack and lose the colour like creased card as the colour is a surface treatment. Leather would be more resilient. The rubber on the heel will degrade with time, it was likely a repair or alteration to the owner's choice done at a later date. I find in particular the rubber used in the 1970s and 1980s has a particular tendency to degrade.
    Somewhere I have the date Clarks took over K shoes - I do remember it was in the middle of the 20thC. K shoes continued to be made as a seperate brand after the buy out. They are still available today via Clarks though now as an older comfort range.
    I have several examples of logos from women's shoes but no men's they may well have used different logos between the two. From 1930's-1950's: you'll notice the font changes several times so I think the lining colour is the most helpful indicator here, 1930s used white, grey, pale pink, 40s was putty, blush pink, mint or baby blue, 50s putty and tan.
    1910-1920s brown oxford heels.JPG 1930s K Shoe white suede courts 1.jpg 1930s K Shoe white suede courts 2.jpg 1940s CC41 K Shoe label.JPG 1940s K Shoe label.JPG 1950s K Shoe label.JPG 1950s K Shoe logo.JPG

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Retro Ruth likes this.