1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANYONE ever heard of Jean M. Brown Paris Boston label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by love4vintage, Jan 5, 2009.

1. love4vintage

love4vintage Registered Guest

Hi! Looking to see if anyone has any information on
    label "Jean M. Brown"" Paris Boston". I have a most unique floor length velvet dress, circa 1930s. I can't seem to find any info on this designer, can anyone help??
    Thanks!

2. I'm wondering if the dress you have displays a dressmaker's label rather than a designer's one? It was common in the '30s for people to get their evening wear made up by a skilled dressmaker who might also design it, but would not have the resources of an established fashion house. The "Paris Boston" might signify that she had worked in Paris, but was now based in Boston.

Do you have a photo of the label? That might help.

Nicole

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

and a photo of the garment, too, would be great :D

4. love4vintage

love4vintage Registered Guest

pictures

[​IMG]</P>

[​IMG]</P>

[​IMG]</P>

[​IMG]</P>

5. That is a great dress! Looks to be a good size too (I can see an ample bosom in that one) and I love the sleeves too: very 1930s.

The label is obviously good quality, but further than that I can't help. Sorry - I just find that there is so much information about fashion designers out there on the 'net, if google (and places like the VFG) can't help, the designer must have been fairly obscure.

Nicole