1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone heard of Capriccio ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jluthye, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Hi all me AGAIN!!! :-(

I have a dress 100% silk interesting design I am thinking 80s as it has size dry clean only and 100% silk tags all sewn on top of each other. But the label is Capriccio and I cannot find anything on them on the internet??

Also does anyone know specifically when size labels were introduced/added.

I feel lost I am just not getting the hang fast enough lol! anywho I am buying and looking for old magazines to help me with clothing styles.... but thats another story... any way thanks for looking!

Jennifer

2. borntoolatevintage

borntoolatevintage Registered Guest

I found this information on the patent website:

Typed Drawing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Word Mark CAPRICCIO
    Translations THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE TERM "CAPRICCIO" IN THE MARK IS "WHIM IMPULSE, CAPRICE" AND THE LIKE.
    Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 025. US 039. G & S: FULL LINE OF LADIES' WEARING APPAREL. FIRST USE: 19710000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19710000
    (CANCELLED) IC 042. US 101. G & S: RETAIL CLOTHING STORE SERVICES. FIRST USE: 19710000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19710000

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
    Serial Number 73481584
    Filing Date May 22, 1984
    Current Filing Basis 1A
    Original Filing Basis 1A
    Published for Opposition October 7, 1986
    Registration Number 1422917
    Registration Date December 30, 1986
    Owner (REGISTRANT) FASHION CONCEPTS INC. DBA CAPRICCO CORPORATION ARIZONA 6166 NORTH SCOTTSDALE ROAD SCOTTSDALE ARIZONA 85253
    Attorney of Record HENRY W. LEEDS
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
    Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
    Cancellation Date March 28, 2005

3. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

Yes, it does sound 80s familiar, like one of the labels I would have seen as a teen....or maybe I'm confusing it with Capezio....

Jenn

4. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

here is a picture if it helps? and what the heck would I title this selling it? it is 100% silk..... thanks!! :)

5. atticville

atticville Alumni

Tittle: 80's dress does the Deco/30's Style drape. ? I would focus on the silk print & deco re-do/remake, not the lable/designer but, still mention as someone might be searching for it!?. Maybe add a gold brooch at the collar bone and go for 80's recreates old glamour of the ... A good bit of us are looking for cocktail dresses for "Deco" partys coming up this Fall! Oh! Brooch on the waist/belt gather! That would look nice!!

6. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

awesome thank you!

I feel better that I am starting to learn.. I look at like 50 images a day or more of "paterns" and photos to try and learn... but ive only been at it a few weeks... I thought 80's on this but I told my husband it resambled (sp?) a 30s piece but too short and obviously not due to tags... but you made me feel so much better that I am starting to see patterns!!! thank you! :)

7. Gail B.

Gail B. Registered Guest

There was a store in both Scottsdale and LaJolla called Capriccio. Back in the 80s and early 90s. They sold designer clothing and also had a custom design store of all silks. You could select from beautiful silk fabrics and have custom pants, skirt, tops, scarves made. I had two outfits made there. Wish I still had them. No longer in business.

8. Danielle Barski

Danielle Barski Registered Guest

Hi there – I believe it is Capriccio by Dina from Saks 5th Avenue. I do not know if other department stores carried it but you will definitely find more info searching Cappriccio by Dina. I believe most of the these dress styles are 80s re-creating the 20s-30s, and they are mostly jacquard silk and quite lovely…

9. treschic53

treschic53 Registered Guest

There was a lovely boutique in Scottsdale and La Jolla called Capriccio. My company sold to them for many years, 1980's1990's, evening and non-traditional bridal dresses. There was a Florida based dress manufacturing company in the 1980's called Capriccio. The designer was Digna Yero. She began the business by copying my designs ( by her own admission to me!) but eventually developed her own style, was quite successful making linen and silk jacquard dressy dresses with lace trim.

10. treschic53

11. treschic53

Many stores and boutiques carried the Capriccio label. Was not exclusive to Saks.