1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know anything about this dress?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by craftycat, Dec 13, 2017.

1. craftycat

craftycat Registered Guest

Hello! I've had this dress for a while and have always thought it an interesting piece. My guess was that it dates 60s because of the length, the center back zipper and overall style. The only label is a very faded white square that states "Lot Sz 13." The dress itself is definitely a S/M when worn. The metal zipper says "TRIUMPH" I believe and it looks like originally it was painted an olive green that has worn away.

When I first acquired it, the brown was a darker shade, however I had to clean it, as the fabric was sticky to the touch all over and smelled like death, so the dye bled some and led to this light olive/brown color. (Those were my early days. I might have chosen not to clean it now or at least not soak it....)

If anyone has any info, I'd love to know about it! Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Definitely 1960s...I'd say 66 or 67. It looks like a teen fashion, and with the junior size designation, it most likely was designed for juniors. Cute!

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  3. craftycat

craftycat Registered Guest

Thanks!