1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apollo KNTG mills inc Need answers:)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Anna1, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Anna1

Anna1 Registered Guest

Hello! I just found a dress and the label says Apollo knits by Apollo KNTG mills ince but I can't seem to find any information on it. Can someone help?
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

In a quick look at newspapers.com, I found a Apollo Knitting Mills in 1923 in Philadelphia, and there are other mentions that may be of the same AKM making knit ties. In 1953, the name pops up with a company located in New York City. I don't know if that is the same Apollo Knitting Mills.

It looks like the company was mostly mentioned from 1965 through 70. (Wouldn't you suspect that the name of Apollo was pretty popular at that time?) The company was acquired in 1968 by Work Wear Corp., although the items they produced still had the Apollo name on their labels. There is a lot of mention of their items in 1969, and then sometime in the early-mid 70s the company's name doesn't appear in the newspapers anymore.

What does your dress look like?

lkranieri likes this.
  3. Anna1

Anna1 Registered Guest

Thank you so much! I never thought to check newspapers.com ...yes I have attached the dress picture:)

Attached Files:

4. denisebrain

1967ish I'd think.

lkranieri likes this.
  5. Anna1

Anna1 Registered Guest

Thank you so much! Love this site :)

6. denisebrain

Thank you—love having you visit!