1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are these board shorts 90s or 70s

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Into the void, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

hey everyone! So i picked up these funky board shorts and i was wondering if they are from the late 90s or earlier? I remember the trend coming back when i was a kid and i believe i had a couple pairs, either way they're still cool and i think ill keep them for myself. The rainbow design says 1970s but i know there was a huge 70s revival in the late 90s. Tag says polyester size 11

Attached Files:

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

those are cute, and they are 90s. you can tell from the made in china label, in particular.

and you're right, there was a huge resurgence of 70s surf-wear styling in the 90s...(eta) and it extended for quite a few years into the 2000s. so, it may not be quite vintage yet...

3. Into the void

Into the void Registered Guest

Thank you! I had a feeling....i think I remember that particular style a couple gals in my class had em but my memory is foggy since the late 90s was about 20 years ago omgggg

Yeah I don't think I will list since they may be from 2000 good call I think I'll keep em tho