1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these vintage or what?!?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by rfc100, Dec 30, 2004.

1. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

As usual, I can't find any info on the maker of these shoes. They are sooo cool, if they fit me I'd keep them. If they are new, and you know where I can buy them, please let me know!

The stamp inside says "Harvey's" then "Fine Shoes" underneath. They are very well made in Italy.

2. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

3. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Don't think they are vintage :) I had an identical styled pair in 1998-1999 that I used to wear at the clothes shop I worked at. They are probably from the second half of the 1990's as that was when everyone seemd to be wearing platforms me included at 5'9"!

Lei

4. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

Thanks for the response. Are you familiar with the manufacturer, which is "Harvey's"? It's hard to tell just by looking sometimes.

R

5. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

Thanks for the response. Are you familiar with the manufacturer, which is "Harvey's"? It's hard to tell just by looking sometimes.

R

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I don't know. But maybe search froogle. All the info about every guy named harvey will be weeded out and only items will be left. I have used that search engine before to research labels (and have come up empty too) but it is worth a try. Search "Harvey's Fine Shoes" and see what decades the shoes come up as and if they are similar.

7. I don't know the manufacturer either, but agree that they don't look vintage. The heel wouldn't be flared for 40s or 50s platforms and I don't think it would be flared at both the top and the bottom for 70s ones. They look more to me like the modern platforms being produced and sold by 40s-50s-retro-style dealers. Here are some platforms with similar heels at Daddy-O's...