1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arnold Lever - Jacqmar Scarves

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Jamie Ardron, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Jamie Ardron

Jamie Ardron Registered Guest

08452C38-063E-4900-9BE1-A68AF837062E.jpeg CB6E5222-D7CE-46E0-9AE4-FFB97378EFD7.jpeg 528898A9-B597-4EA4-950E-57D77A817506.jpeg WANTED

Hello all,

I am putting on a display in 2021 which I am planning at different locations around the UK and also going to be doing some talks for the elderly and children in year 6 at school about WW2 fashion, clothes rationing, coupons etc.

I am desperately searching for some 1940’s Jacqmar scarves designed by Arnold Lever weather it be wartime propaganda ones or post war ones, there were over 100 designs. If anyone has any, or knows of anyone with any that they would consider selling would you please email me on:

[email protected]

to discuss.

I am desperate for some help and struggling so hope some people viewing this might be able to help. I attach images of a couple of examples.

Best wishes,

Jamie

Retro Ruth likes this.
  2. mags_rags

mags_rags Trade Member

Those are great! It's one of the things I love about these forums - I never stop learning. I wish I had one (or several) to offer you.

An Etsy search from Jacqmar scarf pulled up lots of options, most floral. Adding the word Lever to my search pulled up just one - looks like the type you are looking for, but the seller wants more than $500.

GemGem likes this.
  3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth Administrator Staff Member

I'm aware of these scarves, and as Maggie has found out, they tend to go for high prices - or they certainly used to anyway. They are very collectable.

If you don't have a big budget, perhaps you might find a collector who would be willing to loan them for an exhibition.

I don't think they are signed by Lever, only by Jacqmar? So you can go through all the jacqmar listings on eBay and Etsy and see if someone has one listed without realising who the designer is.

Good luck with the hunt!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    GemGem and mags_rags like this.
  4. I saw a seller on instagram do a video about these scarves. And she was selling some.
    Maybe, go to instagram and do an inquiry.

I too see them going for high dollar

GemGem likes this.
  5. Jamie Ardron

Jamie Ardron Registered Guest

Do you remember the sellers name who was selling them please? Thank you x

6. mags_rags

mags_rags Trade Member

I'm not the member who saw them on Instagram, but I would suggest you trying a search there - if you're not familiar with Instagram, the person posting a photo or video uses hashtags with the post to help folks find what they are interested in seeing. You could try searching #jacqmarlever, or #arnoldlever, or any other combination that starts with "#" and is written out without spacing between the words.

7. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG President Staff Member

GemGem and mags_rags like this.