1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art Museum - Costume Collection

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Oct 25, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Quite a few members of the Vintage Fashion Guild have excellent blogs. One of my favorites is "The Vintage Traveler" by Lizzie Bramlett. I particularly enjoyed THIS RECENT ENTRY where she shared her tour of the Cincinnati Art Museum's historical clothing collection, which was part of the Costume Society of America’s Midwest Region annual symposium.

Happily ensconced in rural northern Vermont, I often wish I could get to some of the exhibits I read about online. So it was lovely that Lizzie shared with us.

cincyartstores13.jpg

Below is a dress made by Ann Lowe, the African American dress designer who made Jacqueline Bouvier’s dress for her wedding to John Kennedy. More photos and information on the blog.

cincyartstore5.jpg

2. I too enjoyed taking a small vintage trip via her blog to see the lovely garments.

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Thanks so much, Amanda. I hope everyone enjoys this little look through the Cincinnati Art Museum storage.

4. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

Yes recently I read the articles on Pucci :USETHUMBUP: