1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authentic Valentino Puffer Jacket?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Helen Chen, May 18, 2018.

1. Helen Chen

Helen Chen Registered Guest

Hi All,

I recently made a purchase on a Valentino Puffer Jacket with the below "Valentino Rain" and a curious "Made in Taiwan R.O.C." label. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch this detail at the time of purchase. To my own limited knowlege (and I could be wrong), I thought Valentino was a brand that had always manufactured exclusively in Italy.

Would anyone in the VFG community on these forums be so kind to help me verify the authenticity of this item? And what year do you think this item is from?

Many, many thanks,
    Helen :)

Valentino label.jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg Valentino puffer 1.jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

VFG doesn't authenticate or appraise, so you know. Very cool piece!

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Like Cin said, we can unfortunately not authenticate garments here on the forums - authentication can only be done by someone having the item in hand. This looks like a garment from a ready to wear line (unfortunately I couldn't find anything online on this line), and it looks fairly modern too, judging by the labels. And for that I think it is well possible that it was made in another country than Italy - it's what many other designer companies do too. In the end it is a matter of production costs, and they are lower in Asia than in Europe.