1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authenticating and dating potential vintage Burberry Bomber Jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Syren, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Syren

Syren Registered Guest

Good Evening everyone!!

I was browsing around my local thrift store today and came across an olive green suede/leather bomber jacket, priced at $14.99. I took a peek on the inside and saw that it had Burberry tags on it so I decided I’d purchase it and take it home.

I was trying to research and find some information regarding the jacket but am hitting a brick wall. I don’t know much about the brand (other than it is sought after, and they have practically trademarked the plaid pattern :clapping:)
    and I have no idea how to date vintage Burberry or tell it’s authenticity.

There are no buttons, and from what I read this would likely be 1980s or before due to the logo? The stitching is straight/even, and the plaid does line up on both sides. (Some pictures don’t look like it but it is due to the way it was folding, I promise they line up!)

Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me an idea if this is real or not? Either way, I think it’s super cute and will be wearing it! And for $15.00, I can’t really complain even if it is fake just due to the sheer warmth/weight of it. It’s in tremendous shape and is so comfortable.

I will post pictures of everything I can find in it!
    Many thanks (ahead of time) and I am excited to start dipping my feet into the world of vintage fashion.

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Welcome to our forums!

We can't help with authenticity here, as stated in our forum rules.

Your jacket cant be newer than late 90s, as that's when Burberry dropped the S from their name.

I think it's 80s or 90s, but not earlier. I would guess 80s, but I hope someone else will weigh in on the dating.

GemGem likes this.
  3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I’m seeing early 90’s but would love to see how it fits on a form.