1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baerbro Original - Authentic vintage brand or not?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Sally Cacic, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Sally Cacic

Sally Cacic Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

New here - love this resource, especially the label guide! I recently bought a dress on ebay, labelled as 1940s vintage. The label is Baerbo Original but after checking it in the label resource list, I couldn't find it and Google didn't seem to help either. Does anyone know whether this is an authentic vintage brand or not? And what era it is (whether modern or vintage?)

Thanks!
    Sally

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, Sally! Can you please post photos of your dress front and back and details like the zipper if it has one? Unfortunately, our Label Resource will never be complete - there are many, many brands and names out there for which little to no information exists anymore. So apart from helping with the name on your label, seeing the whole garment will at least help with dating it.

3. Sally Cacic

Absolutely! Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help :) Here are some photos - the dress does have a zipper in the back but I don't have a photo to see it well enough, unfortunately. I'll be able to take one after it's arrived.

Attached Files:

4. Sally Cacic

I forgot to mention that the seller confirmed the dress two metal zippers - a short zip at the nape of the neck and a zippered side opening. I believe metal zips moved to the back in the 50s so perhaps it's not quite as old as stated but could still be authentic vintage....

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I see early 50s but it could also be late 40s. Let’s see what others think. The earliest ads for Baerbro Original I found doing a quick search was from 1948. It may or may not be related to a store called Baer Bros which seemed to have existed at least since 1877. In some ads the store was referred to as Baer Bro without the S.

Sally Cacic likes this.
  6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

7. Sally Cacic

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your replies - that helps a lot! Yes, it's a lovely find - so beautiful, excited to wear it! :)

8. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Love the detail on the dress. Does look early 50s to me.

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member