1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bags & Bags of High End Vintage Clothings.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LaToya, Sep 16, 2012.

1. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

No joke. I have almost 2000 pieces from a condo cleanout. All (98%) High end designer names such as:

Designer Labels include:
    • Emillo Pucci
    • Valentino
    • Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Escada - Margaretha Ley
    • Donna Karen (black and gold label)
    • Louis Feraud
    • Giorgio Armani Le Collezioni
    • Saint Laurent - rive gauche
    • Ungaro
    • And so much more!

It's enough to open a brick & mortor store. I wish that I could, but that's another story. My question is: What do I do, where do I begin? I'm in the midst of putting together an inventory list. I'd like to sell them all for one price to someone.

Can you all provide any leeds? I'm totally grateful in advance for your information. Thanks![​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Where are you located? Need to know that before I can make a recommendation. Looks like a great haul!

3. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Hello Jody. I'm actually located in North Carolina. I will also ship by any means necessary, too.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hello,

I may know someone here in California. They will buy in large bulk, but the garments and accessories must be from pre 1975. Are the garments as old as that or preferably even older?

5. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Wow! Lucky girl! Congrats on the great haul. :)

6. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

I know that a majority of them are pre 1975. Thanks for passing my info along :)

7. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Thanks Justine!

Now here's a little Pucci for your viewing pleasure..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

morning-glorious likes this.
  8. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Where in NC, as I'm near Asheville?

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

10. :drooling22:

Very nice, indeed!

11. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

It sounds from your original post that you do not want to try to sell these pieces individually. Quite frankly, I'd contact one of the big auction houses in your area or as close as you can get that handles vintage clothing and consign the whole lot to them. I'm not aware of any auctioneers in NC, but there are a couple of them in PA that specialize in vintage clothing. Good luck!

12. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

whoa....wowee..

LaToya likes this.
  13. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

I'm in the Lake Norman/ Cornelius area, off of Hwy 77. I guess about 3 hours away..

14. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Hello Jody.

This is a great suggestion, but I doubt there are any auctions house that specialize in this sort of thing. I wish..

15. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Thank you very much. I was (and still am) very happy.

16. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

No, there are no auctioneers who specialize in clothing, but I'd be happy to suggest a shop that might be interested.

LaToya likes this.
  17. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

You could try contacting Andi Charkow Auctions or Charles Whitaker Auctions, both in PA. They both have vintage clothing auctions a couple times a year. If I was closer I'd come take a look at what you have!

TAMARA LYNN MYERS likes this.
  18. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Thank you fuzzylizzie. I would appreciate that! :USETHUMBUP:

19. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

I wish you were closer too.. I'd love for you to see.

20. Sarara Brazil

Sarara Brazil Registered Guest

I like the auction house suggestion. I think that may indeed be the best thing for you to do. That is an amazing collection. I am sure all of us here would like crack at that:) Wow congrats!