1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balenciaga Le Dix?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by superfineday, Jan 24, 2012.

1. superfineday

superfineday Registered Guest

Hello everyone! I came across this beautiful dress and would like to know more about this RTW line, Le Dix. The only info I can seem to find on the net is via Wikipedia:

In 1986, Jacques Bogart S.A. acquired the rights to Balenciaga, and opened a new ready-to-wear line, Le Dix. The first collection was designed by Michel Goma in October 1987, who remained at the house for the next five years to mixed reviews. He was replaced in 1992 with Dutch designer Josephus Thimister who began the restoration of Balenciaga to an elite, high-fashion status. During Thimister's term, a young Nicolas Ghesquière would join as a license designer, and eventually promoted to head designer in 1997.[6]

I guess I'd like to know if these pieces are "rare," what other items were included in the line (skirts? mostly dresses?), and when they stopped production of this line?

Any information is greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks so much! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
    cindy sherman likes this.