1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Claire, I am not familiar with that as a known fashion term. Kate looks stunning and sweet. Prince must enjoy married life as he has put on a few pounds!

Speaking of necklines, Emma Stone's dress looks as if she put it on backwards. I am not a fan of that look unless you have the correct figure for it or know how to wear it.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I haven't heard of that term either... :puzzled: Not overly enamored with Emma Stone's outfit either. That neckline must involve a lot of tape... to keep it in place! Not my idea of being comfortable in your outfit.

4. I'm a bit disturbed by how they've cut Prince William in half in this pic - one day this man will (probably) be King of England and a bunch of countries. Surely they could have either put him in or out of the pic, not treated him this shoddily?

[​IMG]

5. Very good point, Nicole. They definitely could have cropped on the other side.
    but I assume, they were all about Fashion and not being correct? Or didn't care?

6. Yes, just caring about the fashion - but I can't help thinking that fifty years ago it would have been seen as disrespectful. Heck, I think it's disrespectful now.

7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I've been seeing the term Bardot neckline for about a year or so, for this off the shoulder style. Or perhaps just since summer.

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

HERE is an informative 2015 article about Bardot necklines.

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, that that was apparently a big trend completely passed me by... I've got an H&M sweater in my wardrobe, from probably about 15 years ago. They had a great summer collection then that had some great 50s style items, and the quality was actually quite good. The sweater is black, hip-length, has a wide ribbed band arount this bardot neckline, with a decorative bow on one side and three-quarter length sleeves. I love it, and that's why I still have it, but it's unpractical, to be honest :hysterical:. What goes around comes around... just keep it in your wardrobe and wait til it's in again...